[Qgis-user] Merging DEMs

Randal Hale rjhale at northrivergeographic.com
Thu May 29 07:46:30 PDT 2014

Ye gods - you are a genius. I've got a merged DEM with none of the
overlap - except for the two triangular holes in the DEM because They
worried about political boundaries...but not overlap of the data.

So I ran this through the Toolbox formerly knows as Sextante. It has
r.patch as a tool. Luckily I didn't have to go through all the
convolutions of of building a map set and resolutions and then wondering
if I've forgotten something.

GDAL Merge didn't work.
Saga Merge Raster Layers gave me the same output as GDAL Merge

Now I just have to explain it to my client and I'm good.

Thanks to all of you who chimed in.....

Randy

Randal Hale, GISP
North River Geographic Systems, Inc