[Qgis-user] Install problem on OS X 10.9

Gabriel Sidman gabrielsidman at gmail.com
Thu May 29 09:53:18 PDT 2014

Hello All,

I'm an new QGIS user, and am getting the following error upon opening QGIS
2.2:

"Unable to load GdalTools plugin.

The required "osgeo [python-gdal]" module is missing.

Install it and try again."

QGIS still opens and has some functionality, but I think I'm not getting
complete functionality.

I'm running OS X 10.9.3 on a Mac Book Pro with 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
processor. I've installed GDAL 11.1 Complete, GSL framework v1.16-1,
matplotlib 1.3.1-2 (all from http://www.kyngchaos.com), and Python 2.7.6

I see this error has been documented before, but it seems to be related to
new releases of OS X, but for me this is the first time I have ever
installed QGIS so I don't think that's my issue.

Any thoughts on where I am going wrong?

Thanks,
Gabriel