[Qgis-user] QGIS Using Size-Scale Field

kmithoefer kmithof at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 03:17:56 PDT 2014

Dear list,

I want to map point data with insect species density and want to use the
percent values from a table as the size-scale field to map points of
different size representing the densities. I followed this instruction (
http://horta.ulb.ac.be/cours/SIS-TP-Tutoriels/QGIS%20Tutorials%20%28Ujaval%20Gandhi%29/qgis.spatialthoughts.com/2012/02/styling-vector-data-in-qgis-using-size.html
<http://horta.ulb.ac.be/cours/SIS-TP-Tutoriels/QGIS%20Tutorials%20%28Ujaval%20Gandhi%29/qgis.spatialthoughts.com/2012/02/styling-vector-data-in-qgis-using-size.html>
) and used the simple marker. This worked so far. But what I would like to
do is mapping only the outline of the marker without any filling colour to
see the vegetation below. Is this possible? I need to do this to overlay
different species densities in different colour mapped as circles. Therefore
applying transpareny to the layer or symbol does not help because this is
also applied to the outline. Has anyone an idea on how to map circles
without filling color?

I am very thankful for any comments.

With regards

Klaus