[Qgis-user] Importing ERS raster files

Ramon AndiƱach custard at westnet.com.au
Sat Sep 13 16:06:31 PDT 2014

On 12/09/2014, at 10:50 , Grant Boxer wrote:

> I am having problems importing ers (ERMapper) raster files. When I use the import raster, all I get is a black image with no data. It does not seem to be reading the data correctly. Any suggestions?
>
> I am running QGIS version 2.4.0 on Windows XP 32 bit PC, as standalone version.
>
> Grant Boxer
> Consultant Geologist (FAIG R.P. Geo)
> Perth, Western Australia

Hi Grant,

If you open the properties for the ers layer, and look in the style section.

Check what is happening for Contrast Enhancement.
I have ers that display best with this set to:
	- "no enhancement",
	- "stretch min/max", with the 2-98% cumulative cuts (which is the default)
	- "stretch min/max", using the full range (min/max)

The last one particularly so if the data has the same sort of spread as say TMI from the Yilgarn.

Hope that's of some help.
Otherwise as Evan says, if you're able to let one of us look at it, we can probably nut it out.

-ramon.