[Qgis-user] exporting text to Illustrator?

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Thu Sep 18 23:24:59 PDT 2014

On 09/18/2014 10:40 PM, Innisfree McKinnon wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm working on a map with a large number of labeled streets. I exported the
> map to Illustrator by saving as SVG. But the exported labels do not seem to
> have arrived as editable text. I have searched around on the web for a
> solution, but haven't found a solution. I saw this was a bug with the new
> labeling engine, but has it been solved? If not I will need to re-enter
> every label.
>
> thanks,
> Innisfree

The ticket in question is http://hub.qgis.org/issues/3975

And previous attempt at a fix
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/1096#issuecomment-39040544
and some more comments on a merge request.
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/1286

So yes looks the like bug is still open, but at the same time it looks
like the code is in, can't tell if 2.4 or if you need a nightly build.
It is also unclear if there is a dialog to set the export format or if
you have manually tweak the qgs project file.

Larry is the one who will know.

Thanks,
Alex