[Qgis-user] Editing and WMS layer

Randal Hale rjhale at northrivergeographic.com
Fri Sep 19 13:16:27 PDT 2014

Question - and this might be something I've not experienced with QGIS
before.

I'm editing a shapefile and have a WMS Image layer in the background
(NAIP) and upon every edit the screen refreshes and the WMS redraws. I'm
assuming it's hitting the server at each edit because of how slow it's
refreshing. Can I adjust that feature or stop the refreshes unless I pan
the map canvas? If I'm not mistaken the WMS is cached locally - but it
doesn't appear to be using that local cache...or it's not and that's why
I'm seeing what I'm seeing.

Appreciate it,
Randy

--