[Qgis-user] Finding Points which do not overlay

Damien Stephens Damien.Stephens at sandfire.com.au
Mon Sep 22 17:12:08 PDT 2014

My suggestion would be to create a buffer of 3m around your original points. (vector/geoprocessing/buffer
That creates a new vector table. (vector Buffer)
Load the new vector table is it isn’t already
Then do a spatial query select source features from: new points table
Where the feature: within
Reference features of : vector buiffer

Open the attributers table  of you new points table then click on the invert selection  button (yellow triangle  with two green arrows in a circle.)
Should give you all the points that have moved, assuming that your original points were more than 3 metres apart.

Then if you want them as a separate table, just edit/copy
Then edit/paste features as
Cheers
Damien