[Qgis-user] Problem with Grids in Qgis composer

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 19:30:10 PDT 2014

On 19 September 2014 23:33, Gerardo Jiménez <gejst5 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am having a problem with grids in QGIS Master f8222a2 on Windows7 64 bits.
> I am trying to make a map showing a latlon grid and a UTM grid. I want my
> Latlon grid to be in crosses and my UTM grid as solid lines. If my project
> is in UTM the UTM grid shows ok but the latlon grid shows as solid lines
> instead of crosses. If my project is in latlon I can show the graticule as
> croses and the UTM as solid lines. Nevertheless if I want to change the UTM
> Grid as crosses it does show it as solid lines. I think this could be a bug,
> since I ask a friend that uses QGIS in XUBUNTU and he has the same symptoms.

It's not so much a bug as a missing feature - it's been reported here
http://hub.qgis.org/issues/10879
Basically no one has implemented support for cross/marker grid types
with transformed grids yet. If
it's not implemented by the time feature freeze rolls around
(unlikely, given that freeze is in a couple
of days) I'll disable that option from the GUI to prevent misunderstandings.

Nyall