[Qgis-user] Visualizing time stamped data

Vladan Divljak ghostility at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 09:29:16 PDT 2014

Hi list,

I was wondering how to instruct QGIS to show me time stamped data from
PostGIS database.

My scenario is this - I have a table with timestamped column and PostGIS
raster column in PostGIS enabled Postgres database. In QGIS DB Manager I
can connect to this database and select my raster table. However QGIS
displays single raster image while this table has many different raster
"images" for each timestamped interval.

I couldn't find any command in QGIS interface to be able to visualize
timestamped data so I searched for plugins and found two experimental
plugins which can't also complete this task:

  1. https://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/pstimeseries - matplotlib widget for
visualizing time series data based on point coordinates
  2. https://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/timemanager - similarly works on
point coordinates attributes

Thought to ask for help here.

Thanks,