[Qgis-user] someting about QGIS SAGA and its Sky view factor tools

ecowangjia at gmail.com ecowangjia at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 18:03:29 PDT 2014

Hi,
I'm from  Research Center for Eco-Environmental Sciences(RCEES), Chinese Academy of Sciences.
These days, I have used "QGIS--Prosessing--toos--SAGA-Terrain Analysis-Lighting-Sky view factor" to calculate the SVF. But there were something wrong with my results. It was strange that the reslutes were from -0.3 to 0.9. But we all know that the SVF is from 0-1. So why my data contained the negative data. Somebody thought that maybe my elevation grid used geographic coordinates which could not be used when claculate it. But the fact was that I really did project my grid using UTM.So maybe somebody could help me why my data appeared the negative datas.
Thanks~~
Jia Wang

ecowangjia at gmail.com