[Qgis-user] Connect Qgis 2.4 to Oracle (SDE)

Stéphane Henriod s at henriod.info
Mon Sep 29 22:47:31 PDT 2014

Hi all

I want to connect Qgis 2.4 to an Oracle DB (with SDE) but I always get
connection errors.

I have tried many different options from within the window *Create a new
Oracle Connection* but I always get an error message (*ORA-12514:
TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect
descriptor* or similar messages). I know however that the DB is working and
listening. I know the correct host, the correct port and I have valid
username / password.

The IT support here gave me 2 (independent) pieces of advice but I'm not
sure how to implement them with Qgis:

   - "Does your client (Qgis) know about the correct *tns_admin* directory?"
   - "Make sure that LDAP is listed first: NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH = (LDAP,
   TNSNAMES,ONAMES)"

Anyone has an idea?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Stéphane

PS: this question has also been posted here:
http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/115534/qgis-how-setup-ldap-as-default-to-resolve-a-connection-to-oracle
but unsuccessfully so far

--
"Le mot progrès n'aura aucun sens tant qu'il y aura des enfants malheureux"
-- Albert Einstein

"Si les contacts avec les étrangers lui étaient permis, [le citoyen
ordinaire] découvrirait que ce sont des créatures semblables à lui-même et
que la plus grande partie de ce qu'on lui a raconté d'eux est fausse. Le
monde fermé, scellé, dans lequel il vit, serait brisé, et la crainte, la
haine, la certitude de son bon droit, desquelles dépend sa morale,
pourraient disparaître" -- George Orwell ("1984")

Photos de voyages, photos de montagne: http://www.henriod.info