[Qgis-user] Connect Qgis 2.4 to Oracle (SDE)

Stéphane Henriod s at henriod.info
Tue Sep 30 00:16:37 PDT 2014

Hi again

I have moved a little bit forward and I have edited the file tnsnames.ora
located under C:\OraClient11g\product\11.2.0\client_1\NETWORK\ADMIN:

name_of_my_db =
 (DESCRIPTION =
   (ADDRESS_LIST =
     (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = *********)(PORT = 1568))
   )
 (CONNECT_DATA =
   (SERVICE_NAME = name_of_my_db)
 )
)

Will Qgis read this file or does it require its own copy of it? If yes,
where should it be located? If no, how does it know where tnsnames.ora is
stored? Should there be an entry in the registry?

By the way, my sqlnet.ora file (also located in
C:\OraClient11g\product\11.2.0\client_1\NETWORK\ADMIN) looks like this:

# sqlnet.ora Network Configuration File:
C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\NETWORK\ADMIN\sqlnet.ora
# Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

################
# Filename......: sqlnet.ora
# Name..........: $Id: sqlnet.ora,v 1.3 2004/11/22 13:47:17 oracle Exp $
# Date..........: $Source:
/data/repository/cvsroot/ORACLE/env_sqlnet/indus/sqlnet.ora,v $
#
################

SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NTS)

NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH= (LDAP,TNSNAMES,ONAMES)

SQLNET.CRYPTO_SEED = "************************"

NAMES.PREFERRED_SERVERS =
  (ADDRESS_LIST =
    (ADDRESS = (COMMUNITY = ************************)(PROTOCOL = TCP)(Host
= ************************)(Port = 1568))
    (ADDRESS = (COMMUNITY = ************************)(PROTOCOL = TCP)(Host
= ************************)(Port = 1568))
    (ADDRESS = (COMMUNITY = ************************)(PROTOCOL = TCP)(Host
= ************************)(Port = 1568))
    (ADDRESS = (COMMUNITY = ************************)(PROTOCOL = TCP)(Host
= ************************)(Port = 1568))
    (ADDRESS = (COMMUNITY = ************************)(PROTOCOL = TCP)(Host
= ************************)(Port = 1529))
    (ADDRESS = (COMMUNITY = ************************)(PROTOCOL = TCP)(Host
= ************************)(Port = 1527))
    (ADDRESS = (COMMUNITY = ************************)(PROTOCOL = TCP)(Host
= ************************)(Port = 1528))
  )

NAMES.DEFAULT_DOMAIN = ************************

SQLNET.EXPIRE_TIME = 0

Thanks a lot in advance!

Stéphane

--
"Le mot progrès n'aura aucun sens tant qu'il y aura des enfants malheureux"
-- Albert Einstein

"Si les contacts avec les étrangers lui étaient permis, [le citoyen
ordinaire] découvrirait que ce sont des créatures semblables à lui-même et
que la plus grande partie de ce qu'on lui a raconté d'eux est fausse. Le
monde fermé, scellé, dans lequel il vit, serait brisé, et la crainte, la
haine, la certitude de son bon droit, desquelles dépend sa morale,
pourraient disparaître" -- George Orwell ("1984")

Photos de voyages, photos de montagne: http://www.henriod.info