[Qgis-user] OT: IRTF to GDA94 difference [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Bruce Bannerman B.Bannerman at bom.gov.au
Mon Sep 29 23:45:20 PDT 2014

Hi Matt,

>From a recent presentation from the Australian Intergovernmental Committee on Surveying and Mapping [1]:

“Absolute difference between GDA94 and ITRF will exceed 1.8 metres by 2020”

This presentation was referring to a proposed dynamic datum: GDA2020 (which will raise a wide range of challenging data management issues).

I suggest following up with ICSM for an authoritative answer.

Bruce

[1] http://www.icsm.gov.au/publications/PCG-SSSC_2013_Canberra.pdf