[Qgis-user] Problems in classification in legend when using Filters

magerlin MAP at ramboll.dk
Tue Dec 1 02:59:45 PST 2015

I have a shape file layer from which I have "removed" some features by a
filter (by right clicking the layer in the legende and choosing filter).

I will style my layer by choosing "Graduated" and selecting say attribute z
as column.

In the complete shape laver z has a maximum value of 3147 while the maximum
value in the filtered layer is 967.

I can choose several modes of classification but it appears to me, that only
some of the modes take my filter into account:

* Equal interval, Natural Breaks and Pretty Breaks: Does *not* take filter
into account, max value for the last class is 3147 (even if this value does
not appear on my map)
* Quantile and Standard Deviation: Does take filter into account, max value
for the last class is 967

Is this intentional?

At least in my situation it is rather impractical - either I will have to
physically delete features removed by my filter or I will have to manually
set the classes.

Or is there a tick mark somewhere I have not found?

The above is the situation at least in version 2.12.0 and 2.12.1.

-----
Regards Morten

Currently using Qgis 2.10.1 (OSGeo4),
Windows 7, 64bit