[Qgis-user] QGIS project slow to open when too much wms layers

aperi2007 aperi2007 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 06:33:59 PST 2015

Of course,
but the result of the parsing of the getcapabilities response is an
umpredictable set of results.
So it is very hard to store in a structured cache (aka a db).

In a response capabilities of a wms 3.0 thereis many information , all
in multeplicitly N. And often optionally.
Also there the more complex of could be have a response "version=1.0",
"or "version=1.1" or "version=1.1.1" or "version=1.3.0" changing the
version mean changind the structure of the information and their structure.
So project a cache capacle to host in a structured structure the
information extracted from a parsing for all four kind of version is
really an huge work.

And all of this for a getcapabilites that more probably is absolutelly
unuseful when start a project.
:)

A.