[Qgis-user] QGIS project slow to open when too much wms layers

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 12:58:07 PST 2015

On 7 December 2015 at 00:31, aperi2007 <aperi2007 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When need to add a new wms layer is preferrable to avoid to use the cache
> but, instead, do a new getcapabilities request and list the layers as
> resulted by the xml response .
> Also I guess a the time lost is not only the request/response time, but also
> the parsing time of the response.
> A cache do not help on this.

Actually, it's not just that - it also slows down opening the layer
properties window for a WMS layer as the capabilities is requested
once again.

For reference I have a commonly-used WMS where the capabilities
request is 9MB. Understandably, this is a significant issue with QGIS
using this layer! I've learnt to live with it, but a cache would be
VERY much appreciated.

Nyall