[Qgis-user] extracting elevations from DEM at certain points

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Wed Dec 16 17:08:03 PST 2015

The point sampling tool worked for me for 400 000 random sampling point on Lidar DEM.  It works well.
Good luck!
Nicolas Cadieux M.Sc.
Les Entreprises Archéotec inc.
8548, rue Saint-Denis Montréal H2P 2H2
Téléphone: 514.381.5112  Fax: 514.381.4995
www.archeotec.ca
On Dec 16, 2015 18:24, "kwanza [via OSGeo.org]" <ml-node+s1560n5241688h89 at n6.nabble.com> wrote:

	Thanks everyone, will try these suggestions, let's see which one allows the most effective workflow.  Can use GRASS as well, but still waiting for my DEM though. thank you all, Szilard On 16 December 2015 at 15:57, Szilard Albert < [hidden email] > wrote: <blockquote style="border-left:2px solid #cccccc;padding:0 1em" style="margin:0 0 0 0.8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"> Hello, I need to extract elevation values from a DEM at certain points for which I have X and Y values. My points are contained in several profiles, each profile with hundreds of points. My input is a text file, one file per profile,  with the following format: PointA X Y PointB X Y ...... PointZ X Y. I would like a solution where I can feed the above text input, and get my output as another text file with similar format, Point X Y Z (or Point Z X Y). Alternatively just a text file with one column containing Z, but exactly same number of rows, so I can copy and paste to the input. One single command that solves one point only would do as well, I would just create a script file from my every text file for every line.... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am using QGIS 2.8 Wien in Ubuntu. Thank you. Szilard

		http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/extracting-elevations-from-DEM-at-certain-points-tp5241513p5241688.html

		To start a new topic under Quantum GIS - User, email ml-node+s1560n4125267h38@n6.nabble.com
		To unsubscribe from Quantum GIS - User, click here .
		NAML