[Qgis-user] GEOPROCESSING: UNION of more polygons of different layers

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Dec 21 05:45:42 PST 2015

Hi Matthias,

Thanks for this useful hint.

But this "union" is also just a concatenating - it is in the sense of a
union of SQL result sets. It does not create new geometries, as a
geometric union would do.

So the question remains: what type of "union" does Azzurra want? a
concatenation of several data sets or a geometric union where new
geometries of overlapping features are generated?

Andreas