[Qgis-user] Errors when re-opening new installation of QGIS

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Wed Jan 14 08:18:10 PST 2015

Am 14.01.2015 um 11:02 schrieb Richard Duivenvoorde:
> On 14-01-15 10:29, Reinier Battenberg wrote:

> An error has occured while executing Python code:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File
> "/Applications/QGIS.app/Contents/MacOS/../Resources/python/pyplugin_installer/installer_data.py",
> line 460, in xmlDownloaded
>      if isCompatible(QGis.QGIS_VERSION, qgisMinimumVersion,
> qgisMaximumVersion):
>    File
> "/Applications/QGIS.app/Contents/MacOS/../Resources/python/pyplugin_installer/version_compare.py",
> line 188, in isCompatible
>      if len(maxVer)TypeError: object of type 'NoneType' has no len()
>
> BUT: we should know if this is an error AFTER there has been a time out
> for the network request or not.
> It is not clear to me from the messages if this is only OSX related or
> that it also turns up on Windows (Lene?).

Maybe related to:

http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/130171/problems-with-plugin-installer-manager-in-qgis-2-6-1-debian

invoked by

https://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/inasafe/version/2.2.2/

If you look at the Maximum version entry:

Maximum QGIS version  2.999.9999

You see a version number that the plugin manager can not handle.
Timlinux has issued today a new version 2.2.3:

https://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/inasafe/version/2.2.3/

with a Maximum QGIS version of 2.99.0

So everything should be safe now.

HTH,