[Qgis-user] How to revert to 2.8 in Ubuntu/Mint?

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Sat Jul 4 06:37:53 PDT 2015

Am 04.07.2015, 14:37 Uhr, schrieb zehari <mriduan62 at gmail.com>:

> firstly, u sudo apt-get remove. then you add repo ubuntuqgis, close, and
> then reload again. after this u can look in  synaptic >what version of
> qgis available.

This hole thing is (like usual) nor really intuitive. I added the
ubuntugis repo as you said. Only 2.10 was offered.
Then I removed my previous repos and tried adding debian-ltr and
ubuntugis-ltr (cause this pretty much sounds like the way to go when
wanting the long term release). There it offered 2.8. Great, but
installing like usual (sudo apt-get install qgis python-qgis
qgis-plugin-grass) ends up in a QGIS without python support.

Can anyone give a final hint which repos to activate and which not to get
a full fleshed QGIS 2.8. with all bells and whistles? From the
documentation, I really get no clue, and this trial-and-error-games are
boring (and its too hot in here anyway)

Thanx for any help
Bernd