[Qgis-user] Shared project strange behaviour with PostGIS layers

Michal Zimmermann zimmicz at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 13:38:54 PDT 2015

Hi to all,
I've prepared a project to be shared among 30 different GIS operators:

   - added PostGIS layers under my account
   - added symbology to those
   - added some value maps etc. to the attribute table
   - saved project file

Afterwards, I edited the project file and changed DB connection strings so
my credentials wouldn't be given away: replaced my db user name with
'USERNAME' string and my password with 'PASSWORD' string. As every operator
has his/her own tables to work on (op01 -> table01, op02 -> table02 etc.),
I also replaced my number with '_XX' string. When the operator opens the
project, QGIS asks him to handle bad layers and after he fixes the DB
connection string, the project opens. That works just fine.

Now, ops will usually do lots of feature splitting. What happens with the
project is the tool doesn't work as it should: when the feature is split,
the new one is created but the old one remains the same while it should be
modified as well. Editing features outside this project file works fine.

I've spent a day and a half debugging this behaviour with no luck. The
project file was made using QGIS 2.10 and it works fine on my second laptop
with QGIS 2.8.2 on Ubuntu 14.04. However, one of the ops was not able to
use it correctly on two different Windows machines and one Ubuntu machine,
all of them running QGIS 2.8.2.

I find it utterly strange. I'm running out of ideas and will really
appreciate any help.

Regards

--
Michal Zimmermann (zimmi)