[Qgis-user] QGIS instalation and uninstallation issues

Richard McDonnell richard.mcdonnell at opw.ie
Fri Jul 17 01:08:25 PDT 2015

The reason I use the OSGEO4W installer is for that very reason, if you
wish to update, you use the installer again, and you don't need to do
steps 1 to 5.
a lot of the issues stem from the fact that people are using QGIS in
conjunction with other software (GRASS and SAGA etc) keeping the links
correct when using standalone installers will always be hardest. I liken
it to trying to get ArcGIS model builder tools working with MapInfo or
vice versa.
The OSGEO installer installs everything in a single directory with a
similar structure. Makes the whole process a lot easier.