[Qgis-user] Ubuntu: GRASS not working in the toolbox

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Fri Jul 31 06:19:00 PDT 2015

Hi thanx for your answer,

I think the problem lies within the latest processing version.
When I install QGIS with ubuntu unstable, it ships a rather old version of
processing 2.6. GRASS 7 working in the toolbox.
Then the plugin is recommended to be updated to 2.10.1 -> GRASS 7 not
working.

I then searched for other versions of processing, and there is the e.g.
the latest version before 2.10.1 available here for download:
Version 2.9.3
http://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/processing/version/2.9.3/download/

Extracted and copied to the plugins folder in .qgis2, replacing the 2.10.1
version, GRASS 7 works again.

The pity is, that in the new processing version, there is a new dissolve
polygons function with additional attribute operations available, which is
the missing link in a model I have to make, but either this works, or the
rest of my model (with GRASS algos).

Me and my co-workers do not want to update to QGIS 2.10 at the moment,
cause we would like to enjoy the Long Term Release, which is so far more a
Long Trouble Release for me ;)

Cheers
Bernd