[Qgis-user] GPR-maps

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Tue Mar 17 05:10:20 PDT 2015

Hi,
Qgis is moving faster than they can make the manuals.  2.8.1 is out but the manual are mostly translate and finished for 2.6.  If you are lost, try installing 2.6.  There is the software manual but also the introduction guide and the training manual that is great for learning. http://www.qgis.org/en/docs/  Qgis 2.8 should not be that different but that depends on your learning curve.
 Lost of stuff on YouTube in you prefer learning with video.
If your GPR survey is georeferenced, then all you need to do is to open the Map Composer. If not, it will need to be georeferenced first.
 http://docs.qgis.org/2.6/en/docs/training_manual/map_composer/map_composer.html
Add a map, (GPR survey with houses and background) then click on the frame.  You will see on the right hand side options for adding a grid. More example here.
http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/31200/grid-and-graticule-in-qgis-print-composer
For Qgis 2.6, the Grid will be in your project CRS.  In Qgis 2.8, I think you can use an alternative grid.
Good luck
Nicolas Cadieux M.Sc.
Les Entreprises Archéotec inc.
8548, rue Saint-Denis Montréal H2P 2H2
Téléphone: 514.381.5112  Fax: 514.381.4995
www.archeotec.ca