[Qgis-user] WMS Service Question

David Fawcett david.fawcett at gmail.com
Mon May 4 06:16:45 PDT 2015

You can also hand-craft a GetMap request.  The trick is have valid values
for all of the required params.  Here is an example from a WMS in MN.

http://geoint.lmic.state.mn.us/cgi-bin/wms?layers=met10&format=image%2Fjpeg&transparent=TRUE&service=wms&version=1.1.1&request=GetMap&styles=&srs=EPSG%3A26915&bbox=481178,4977186,493918,4987865&width=256&height=256

Note that the bbox needs to be expressed in coord values/units of the
specified SRS.

David.

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 7:47 AM, Randal Hale <rjhale at northrivergeographic.com