[Qgis-user] base maps

Dayna LeClair dayna.leclair at gmail.com
Fri May 8 11:43:18 PDT 2015

Hello,

I work for an environmental consulting company. We use to outsource our
maps to a local design firm that has recently closed down. I am starting to
tackle the maps and figures we create for clients and thought that I could
use QGIS. I have some GIS experience, however it was many years ago. I have
gone through the tutorial and feel comfortable. But not that I am trying to
work on my own project I have hit a road block. I cannot find/import/upload
a map for anywhere in Ontario, Canada. I have loaded open layers, but I
would like to manipulate different layers, and choose what to show and what
not to show. I assume this is not possible in open layers as there are no
vectors listed under Google Street. A little help/ guidance would be much
appreciate.

Thank you so much

--
Dayna LeClair, MSc