[Qgis-user] Pywin32 Version in QGIS 2.8.1

Gang Yang gang.yang at freenet.de
Sun May 10 15:45:18 PDT 2015

Hi!

I would like to know the pywin32 version, which the QGIS 2.8.1 setup
installs on a pc. I know the extension is normally installed at:

C:\Program Files (x86)\QGIS Wien\apps\Python27\Lib\site-packages\win32com

For my purpose I need a version of Pywin32 Build 217. The one QGIS installs
seems older.

Two related questions:

1.       Is it possible to configure QGIS to use a newer version, if I use
the pywin32 in Plugin/Python console? For example to append the path to
sys.path?

2.       Is a newer version of pywin32 included in Release 2.8.2?

Thank you for any help!

Gang