[Qgis-user] Failure to Upgrade to QGIS 2.8

Tobias Quezada asanch505 at hotmail.com
Sun May 10 19:16:29 PDT 2015

Hello
QGIS community!

It
has been a while since I have been on this platform.

QGIS is currently on version 2.8 WIEN.  I heard it is quit an improvement
from past versions and I would like to see what this version has to
offer on an UBUNTU distro.  I am currently using the newest UBUNTU
version, 15.04.  I get this error message “failed to download
repository information, check your Internet connection”, when
trying to update to QGIS version 2.8 through the software updater.
Now I am not sure if something is funky with my repositories but I
know for sure I am connected to the Internet.

Any
recommendations on how to remedy this?

Thanks
Adrian