[Qgis-user] projection confused during import from Grass to QGIS

Tyler Smith tyler at plantarum.ca
Tue May 12 05:44:48 PDT 2015

On Mon, May 11, 2015, at 05:20 PM, Randal Hale wrote:
> > The header appears correct:
> >
> > tws:~$ head -6 tri_mean.asc
> > north: 46:53:04.633938N
> > south: 34:44:13.536462N
> > east: 68:50:28.1616W
> > west: 94:51:40.938811W
> > rows: 1458
> > cols: 3122
> >
> Shouldn't your east and west Lattitudes be negative? That would make it
> appear reversed as they stand now. At least I think - but I've not done
> what you are doing.

I don't think so. The east and west lattitudes have a 'W' appended to
indicate west. Although I have tried manually deleting the W and adding
'-' in front of the digits. This does indeed flip the maps east to west,
but they are still somewhat misaligned with the actual projection.

Regardless, I can export and import the layers to share them across
Grass installations without problem. The mis-projection only shows up
with gdal and QGis.

Thanks,

Tyler