[Qgis-user] Ubuntu-unstable: New gdal and no QGIS 2.8.2

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Wed May 13 03:34:50 PDT 2015

Hi there,
on my Linux Mint, the package-updater wants to update gdal from 1.11.1 to
1.11.2 which wants to remove qgis 2.8.1.
Normally I just do those updates without looking at, but this time it
makes me awkward, cause I read the announcement that 2.8.2 should be out
already, but its not on ubuntu-unstable yet!
Is the update of gdal connected with the new QGIS point release ?

Just want to ask if I'm the only one experiencing this, and if updating
gdal would really shredder my QGIS and what I should do or not do?

Cheers
Bernd