[Qgis-user] Oracle connection timeout returns

Hillers Heather Heather.Hillers at erftverband.de
Wed May 13 02:51:04 PDT 2015

Since 2.8.1, Jürgen Fischer repaired an oracle timeout connection error with the
qoci spatial driver: cleanup session & connection when login failed<https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/4789c2361dd5d3e336838492af757f10310d0531>

This patch first appeared productively in 2.8.2.

We find that on our local Windows machines and on one of our test Windows Farm machines, this patch works.  However, on our productive Windows Farm machines, we are still getting the error.   We think this is either because the load on the Windows Farm machines is much higher than the load on our local and test machines, or there is something up with the client on the windows farm machines.  However, since qgis comes with its own oracle client, it's really hard to tell what is going on.  We know there should be no difference between our Test Farm machine and our productive Farm machines.  That indicates to us that it is just the load that makes the difference.

So, a couple questions:

1.       Is it possible there is a lingering oracle timeout error in qgis? Something that doesn't show up in low load situations?

2.       Is it possible to use the system oracle client with qgis instead of the internal client?

3.       How does qgis and it's internal oracle client work?

Thanks,

Heather