[Qgis-user] Ubuntu-unstable: New gdal and no QGIS 2.8.2

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Wed May 13 06:31:35 PDT 2015

Am 13.05.2015, 14:54 Uhr, schrieb <Burghardt.Scholle at stadt.wolfsburg.de>:

> Hi Bernd,
>
> as described in [1], I have both the source http://qgis.org/debian and
> the ubuntugis-unstable PPA involved in my repositories under Ubuntu
> 14.04. The former contains QGIS 2.8.2. The latter contains current
> dependencies among others gdal 1.11.2. This combination works for me to
> update QGIS to 2.8.2.
>
> Greetings
> Burghardt
>
> [1] http://www.qgis.org/de/site/forusers/alldownloads.html#ubuntu  ->
> Debian / Ubuntu

Hi Burghart,

? Complete confusion. Sorry, didn't read the text carefully, cause in the
past it was very misleading and it still somehow is (switching from
example for Debian to example for Ubuntu, so its not really clear that you
now need the http://qgis.org/debian deb AND the unstable ppa for Ubuntu,
while before it just worked with the ppa alone.)

And, if it is proposed to use the ubuntugis ppa, what is the deb
http://qgis.org/ubuntugis good for then?

This stuff made me crazy from the start some years ago, and it seems
things do not get more clear for me over time.

I see the problem that too many explanations on that page would be
counter-productive as well, but a little more information would be
appreciated nevertheless.
Feel as dumb as five years ago on this subject ...

Ok: adding deb http://qgis.org/debian trusty main
and adding again after removing
deb     http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntugis/ubuntugis-unstable/ubuntu
trusty main

QGIS 2.8.2 is there now and installing ... and running :)

Ok, thanx for the help
Bernd