[Qgis-user] Create polygons with attributes from csv-file

Nicole Stoffels stoffels at f2e.de
Thu May 21 06:08:28 PDT 2015

Dear QGIS-users,

I have a csv-file containing the corner coordinates of different forests
with different heights. The file is structured like this:

FID,forest_id,point_id,X,Y,height
1,forest1,point1,10.915763,54.137004,25
2,forest1,point2,10.917392,54.138734,25
3,forest1,point3,10.915822,54.140197,25
4,forest1,point4,10.913504,54.140824,25
5,forest1,point5,10.913541,54.138637,25
6,forest2,point1,10.897562,54.150324,20
7,forest2,point2,10.897907,54.149662,20
8,forest2,point3,10.900432,54.148912,20
9,forest2,point4,10.901194,54.149092,20

Now I want to make two polygons from the two different forests
containing the attribute height. If I had only one forest I would create
a voronoi diagram and a delaunay triangulation and clipper them. But it
would be too time consuming to do that for every forest, as I usually
have rather 10 forests or more. Is there a way to get this done if all
forests are in one csv-dataset only separated by there forest_id?

Thank you and sorry for the first mail, which was not yet finished.

Best wishes
Nicole