[Qgis-user] Security aigainst spyware certificate

James Keener jim at jimkeener.com
Tue May 26 17:17:10 PDT 2015

Is SQGIS a specific build?

Additionally, what kinds of certification would your boss be looking
for? (I've never seen one _I_ found trustworthy, as they all look a
little scammy, but that's just me.) Are Chrome and Firefox "certified"
(or are you guys using Internet Explorer ::shudder::)?

Depending on exactly what your boss is looking for, you could point to
the support by the OSGeo Foundation a 503(x)4 in the US and to other
governments who use QGIS (some from Denmark:
http://www.qgisforum.org/qgis-tutorial/who-uses-qgis)

Aside: Would you be able to use any plugins in this situation? Would you
be able to update (for either feature or security reasons?)

Best of luck!

Jim