[Qgis-user] access to QGIS data files

Randal Hale rjhale at northrivergeographic.com
Sun May 24 05:53:00 PDT 2015

I would concur that HP are probably devious sods. BUT - in your case it
might be an errant button push of some sort.

On the laft hand side of QGIS you're going to see a toolbar with 11 (I
believe that is correct) icons. It's right next to your layers window.
The top icon will be a line with 4 dots (use that for opening vector
files). the next one down will be a square with 8 tiles (and a plus
button - also a plus button on the vector icon also).

Save the raster tile the lady sent into a directory on your computer and
use the raster icon (second one on that toolbar from the top) and see if
you can open it. Hopefully you can.

Randy