[Qgis-user] access to QGIS data files

Alistair Gibson Alistair at hardengreen.co.uk
Sun May 24 03:57:32 PDT 2015

Hi,

I just have downloaded the QGIS package and am having difficulty in accessing the example data files. See screen dump below.
When I spoke to the lovely lady at OS, whose data I hope to use, she offered a raster tile to try - irritatingly that didn't open in either QGIS or Photoshop.
However it did open directly from the email using the default HP program.
This made me think (as this is an HP laptop) those devious HP sods have set their program to default to promote their business and to prevent muggles like me mucking about with other software???

If you think this is the case - how do I overcome this issue?
Please bear in mind my understanding of the techy issues is very limited so nice clear instructions about what buttons to press and in what order.
Please address as if speaking to a techno-moron (which you are!!)

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D09617.C6027B50]

Regards

Alistair Gibson
Hardengreen Agricultural Consultants Ltd

0751 996 9346
alistair at hardengreen.co.uk<mailto:alistair at hardengreen.co.uk>