[Qgis-user] How to assign geographical objects to records and find records that have no geographical object

Jens Verwaerde jens.verwaerde at natuurpunt.be
Wed May 27 04:51:17 PDT 2015

I've imported a table with records and would like to add geographical
points to the records.

In Mapinfo, one can have the table data open and the map and click on a
record (in the table) and afterwards on a location in the map, so that a
geographical object (a point) is "attached" to the record.
Afterwards, it is quite easy to look for records that haven't yet have any
geographical objects attached to them.

1 -- how can I interactively assign geographical objects to a record table
in qgis
2 -- how can I look for records in the table that do not yet have related
geographical objects?

.
*.*
*Jens Verwaerde*