[Qgis-user] How to assign geographical objects to records and find records that have no geographical object

Randal Hale rjhale at northrivergeographic.com
Wed May 27 05:40:12 PDT 2015

One way to go about doing it is to make a shapefile and place a point.
Make sure that point has an attribute that relates to your table.

  * You table has a record field so your shapefile has a record field.
  * record 1 corresponds to point 1

If you add data to QGIS and Right click on it (in the layers window) you
can open the properties. From there you can Join (7 menu items down on
the left) data together.

I hope that helps some.

Randy

On 05/27/2015 07:51 AM, Jens Verwaerde wrote:
> I've imported a table with records and would like to add geographical
> points to the records.
>
> In Mapinfo, one can have the table data open and the map and click on
> a record (in the table) and afterwards on a location in the map, so
> that a geographical object (a point) is "attached" to the record.
> Afterwards, it is quite easy to look for records that haven't yet have
> any geographical objects attached to them.
>

> 1 -- how can I interactively assign geographical objects to a record
> table in qgis
> 2 -- how can I look for records in the table that do not yet have
> related geographical objects?
>

> .
> /./
> /Jens Verwaerde/