[Qgis-user] different QGIS behavior between windows and lubuntu

George Silva georger.silva at gmail.com
Fri May 29 12:42:15 PDT 2015

No this is not a localization problem. I just tested this.

Raster calculator makes expressions with ',' invalid. At least, on my
machine (Mint 14)

This is the output of my locales:

LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC=pt_BR.UTF-8
LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY=pt_BR.UTF-8
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER=pt_BR.UTF-8
LC_NAME=pt_BR.UTF-8
LC_ADDRESS=pt_BR.UTF-8
LC_TELEPHONE=pt_BR.UTF-8
LC_MEASUREMENT=pt_BR.UTF-8
LC_IDENTIFICATION=pt_BR.UTF-8
LC_ALL=

I just retried this. Grabbed a raster with floating point values and added
1.1 - the result is just an add by 1, without the 0.1. Giovanni was right
about this, something is truncating these values in Raster Calculator to
integers, and my input was 3.1, and the output 4.1 (added just 1, instead
of 1.1) when it should be 4.2.

George

On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 4:27 PM, Fernando M. Roxo da Motta <petro at roxo.org>
wrote:

> On Fri, 29 May 2015 10:20:05 +0200, Giacomo Fontanelli
> <giacomofontanelli76 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I used to work with qgis 2.8.1 in Lubuntu and in windows7.
> >
> > Each time I try to multiplicate a map for a number comprise between 0
> > and 1 (i.e. 0.1) I get a good results on windows OS, but I get a map
> > with only 0 and NaN on Linux.
> >
> > Further, I get a correct result on Lubuntu if I divide by 10 instead
> > of multiplicate by 0.1.
>
>   It looks very much like a localization problem.  I guess that with
> this name you are using a platform with Italian language.   I think
> that the standard there is the same I have in Brazil, that is the
> decimal separator is comma (,) instead of dot (.).   Try to use:
>

>    "band at map" * 0,1
>

>   Hope this helps.
>

> > Conclusion
> >
> > "band at map" * 0.1 on windows = OK "band at map" * 0.1 on lubuntu = only 0
> > and NaN "band at map" / 10 on lubuntu = ok.
> >
> > I use the same gdal version and I always get a correct Float32 map.
> >
> > Canyou help me?
> >
> > Thanx
>

>   Roxo
>
> --
> ---------------- Non luctari, ludare -------------------+ WYSIWYG
> Fernando M. Roxo da Motta <petro at roxo.org>              | Editor?
> Except where explicitly stated I speak on my own behalf.|  VI !!
>       ( Usuário Linux registrado #39505 )               | I see text,
> ------------ Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?-------------+ I get text!

George R. C. Silva
Sigma Geosistemas LTDA