[Qgis-user] different QGIS behavior between windows and lubuntu

Fernando M. Roxo da Motta petro at roxo.org
Fri May 29 12:27:06 PDT 2015

On Fri, 29 May 2015 10:20:05 +0200, Giacomo Fontanelli
<giacomofontanelli76 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I used to work with qgis 2.8.1 in Lubuntu and in windows7.
>
> Each time I try to multiplicate a map for a number comprise between 0
> and 1 (i.e. 0.1) I get a good results on windows OS, but I get a map
> with only 0 and NaN on Linux.
>
> Further, I get a correct result on Lubuntu if I divide by 10 instead
> of multiplicate by 0.1.

  It looks very much like a localization problem.  I guess that with
this name you are using a platform with Italian language.   I think
that the standard there is the same I have in Brazil, that is the
decimal separator is comma (,) instead of dot (.).   Try to use:

   "band at map" * 0,1

  Hope this helps.

> Conclusion
>
> "band at map" * 0.1 on windows = OK "band at map" * 0.1 on lubuntu = only 0
> and NaN "band at map" / 10 on lubuntu = ok.
>
> I use the same gdal version and I always get a correct Float32 map.
>
> Canyou help me?
>
> Thanx

  Roxo

--