[Qgis-user] Additional data

Chuck Young wylie1066 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 16:35:18 PDT 2016

I have been using databases for years and have used QGIS since 1.8 for
general mapping.  I know it can use additional data attached to the
geographic data via a union query to display lots of different things.  I
have map areas where population density would be nice to display using
different background fill colors bases on that density. I just need a bit
of a boost getting the idea as to how to start and which way to go.

I have been using the program with SpatiaLite database.  Do I need to go
tto the PostGis db?  Most of my other data is currently in MySQL.

Thanks for amy advice / guidance!!

Chuck