[Qgis-user] Additional data

James Keener jim at jimkeener.com
Mon Aug 1 16:53:40 PDT 2016

Beyond just PostGIS, postgresql is a much better database on most fronts than mysql.

If you have two tables, one with geometries and one with densities, they both need to have the same id somewhere. Once you have the join key, you can perform a join , not a union, to get a result set containing both the geometry and the density.  You can use raw SQL in qgis, but I tend to create a view in the database based on the query and the qgis will treat that as a table, more or less.

Jim