[Qgis-user] Fwd: R: Openstreetmap offline with QGIS

Wed Aug 3 00:21:50 PDT 2016

Hallo Claus

ist vielleicht interessant für dich.

LG

Thomas

Betreff: 	[Qgis-user] R: Openstreetmap offline with QGIS
Datum: 	Tue, 2 Aug 2016 21:10:00 +0200
Von: 	arnaldo.maurizio at gmail.com
An: 	qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org

Thanks for the help.

I am going to try.

Regards

*Da:*Qgis-user [mailto:qgis-user-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] *Per conto di
*Piotr Kania
*Inviato:* domenica 31 luglio 2016 07:57
*A:* qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org
*Oggetto:* Re: [Qgis-user] Openstreetmap offline with QGIS

Hi, I will add that I use QTiles's mbtiles in my android smartphone with
Oruxmaps and it works nicely

W dniu 2016-07-29 o 16:59, Bernd Vogelgesang pisze:

    Hi,

    I normally do it this way to have an offline basemap either for the
    mobile phone or the notebook:

    1. Install QuickMapServices (an add contributed pack in the
    settings) for a variety of background layer. There are also
    different flavours of OSM, so pick your favourite.

    2. Install the (tagged as experimental) QTiles plugin.

    Assuming you have to work in certain area at a time only, set your
    canvas to this are.

    In QTiles, you can choose between .zip and .mbtiles (but those
    mbtiles work within QGIS for already a while). Pick mbtiles for file
    creation.

    Choose your zoom level carefully. If you do not need too much
    detail, 15 will be enough. See http://gis.stackexchange.com/a/7443
    for detail which zoom level represents which map scale.

    For me this setting resulted in 150MB file for an area of ca. 100
    square kilometers. Higher zoom level or multiple zoom levels will
    let this grow exponentially. You will have to test a bit to find the
    right settings for your purpose.

    The creation of this mbtile will take a while cause it has to
    download all the tiles for the area one after another.

    So better test with a really small area before starting a big download.

    Hope this helps

    Bernd

    Am 28.07.2016, 00:02 Uhr, schrieb <arnaldo.maurizio at gmail.com>