[Qgis-user] Showing all items in attributes table

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Wed Aug 3 06:48:57 PDT 2016

Am 03.08.2016, 13:25 Uhr, schrieb simonc8 <simoncrombie at onetel.com>:

> Thanks for this. The multipart to single part seemed to clean the file as
> well as show that one of my polylines existed in three separate
> segments. So
> the file now contains 8 features whether I open it in QGIS or other
> programmes.
>
> When I was digitising I wanted to use part of one line I'd already
> digitised
> in another line, so I made a copy, cut the line and must have incorrectly
> discarded the unwanted part, or inadvertently made a second copy.
>
> If I want to combine my line which is currently in three segments into a
> single feature how do I do that? Do the different segments have to have
> identical end points to join properly? (At the moment there are small
> gaps
> between the different segments.)

Maybe now v.clean is the right tool. I love it ;)
Select "snap" there and set the threshold for the estimated width of your
gaps + x.
If this doesn't work (documentation refers to vertices snapped to lines,
not vertices to vertices),
try the same, but leave the so threshold low that it will not trigger a
snap, but go to the advanced settings and rise the threshold for snapping
there.
This is a different function in GRASS, where you can perform basic
cleaning and snapping while importing the data set into GRASS.

I think that you will then still have separate features, but spatially
aligned.
If your line segments have a common value or id, try "Line dissolve" from
SAGA in the toolbox.

Anyway, hard to give the proper hints without seeing the data. For me it's
always a trial-and-error-game, too.

Cheers
Bernd

> --