[Qgis-user] Using geo-referenced pdf in QGIS 2.14.3 for Mac

Jane James jane at heathsidefarm.com
Thu Aug 4 08:37:06 PDT 2016

Hi
I have been working on a project using geo-referenced pdf files in GQIS, both 2.16 and 2.14.3 on a Windows 10 machine. In windows I can bring the pdf’s in as raster layers with no problems.

However, when I open the same project in QGIS on my mac the layers come up as bad layers when the project opens. If I try to reload the pdfs as raster layers I get an error message saying that pdf is not a supported raster data source. Also, PDF is not available in the list of raster file types.

Can anyone suggest what I’m doing wrong please? Or is this a feature of the operating system on a Mac. My knowledge of GIS is very rudimentary and I can’t do anything complex in GDAL (what ever that is!)

many thanks for any help

Jane James