[Qgis-user] Bug in GDAL 2.1.0 in QGIS 2.14.5

McDonaldR McDonaldR at angus.gov.uk
Wed Aug 17 03:46:23 PDT 2016

Hi List

We have a number of users here with QGIS 2.14.3 installed who use the bundled GDAL/ogr2ogr (v2.0.2) to import CSV files using batch files to their working schema in a PostGIS database.  One of the users upgraded to 2.14.5 and got an upgrade of GDAL/ogr2ogr to version 2.1.0 and his batch files stopped working.  There is a bug in 2.1.0 that has been fixed in 2.1.1 (https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/changeset/34341) where -append and -overwrite are stripped from the ogr2ogr command when an -update follows.

I can downgrade the user to 2.14.3 to get back to GDAL 2.0.2 but would like to know when I can expect an upgraded GDAL 2.1.1 in QGIS 2.14.x and 2.16.x.  I am running QGIS Master 934311e which is also built against GDAL/OGR 2.1.0 and check the OSGeo4W installer on a regular basis to see if an update has come through.

As an aside I was looking for the Windows installer for QGIS 2.14.4 here (http://qgis.org/downloads/) and noticed it only has versions up to 2.12.2-1.  Where are old versions of 2.14.x and 2.16.x saved?  I found this link http://download.osgeo.org/qgis/windows/ which seems to have everything.  Is it worth having a link somewhere on http://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/alldownloads.html so folk can find previous versions easily?

Thanks

Ross

Ross McDonald | GIS Data Coordinator | Resources Department, IT Division | Angus Council, Angus House, Orchardbank Business Park, Forfar, DD8 1AT
T: 01307 476419 | F: 01307 476401 | E: mcdonaldr at angus.gov.uk<mailto:mcdonaldr at angus.gov.uk>

This message is strictly confidential. If you have received this in error, please inform the sender and remove it from your system. If received in error you may not copy, print, forward or use it or any attachment in any way. This message is not capable of creating a legal contract or a binding representation and does not represent the views of Angus Council. Emails may be monitored for security and network management reasons. Messages containing inappropriate content may be intercepted. Angus Council does not accept any liability for any harm that may be caused to the recipient system or data on it by this message or any attachment.