[Qgis-user] Font Markers

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Sun Aug 28 23:02:48 PDT 2016

Hi Grant,

Are you talking about different glyphs in a single font or that every
marker resides is in a different font?

Both would be possible using data-defined properties. But it would be
easier to maintain and probably also faster/more efficient if you use
just a single font and just change the glyph.

You use data-defined columns or expressions using this button, which is
next to every property in QGIS styling and labeling:
http://docs.qgis.org/2.14/en/_images/mIconDataDefine.png

Please read in the QGIS manual about the data-defined properties to
understand the concept. See
http://docs.qgis.org/2.14/en/docs/user_manual/working_with_vector/vector_properties.html#data-defined-labeling

Greetings,

Andreas