[Qgis-user] Project read file error in QGIS 2.10.1

Donovan Cameron sault.don at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 10:57:45 PST 2016

There could be a backup copy to try out. Look in the same folder as the
.qgs file and look for a file with the same name, but it ends in .gqs~
(with a tilde at the end). Try opening that file in QGIS to see if it
has the same error.

You can also inspect it in a text editor to see that line (88516) and
see what's up.

Sounds like the file just ends, and it expects some more info.
Maybe qgis crashed in the middle of a save and didn't get to write the
rest of the project file. ie, it would be empty starting at line 88516.

If it can't be repaired (like removing an invalid character or space/tab
if it was inserted by accident, but I doubt it) then another option is
to restore it from all those backups you've been taking ;)

Donovan

On 16/02/16 11:44 AM, Patty Rehn wrote:
> Hi all-
> Everything has been going great but now I cannot open the project I
> created.
> I get this error message:
> Project file read error: unexpected end of file at line 88516 column 1
> for file C:/Users/Linnea/Documents/GIS DataBase/paisley/Summer Lake
> Basin topo_2.qgs
>
> Other projects open but not the one I need. This is, naturally, a big
> problem. Suggestions?
> Thank you
> Patty

Kind regards,