[Qgis-user] Google to withdraw aerial images?

Michael.Dodd michael.dodd at open.ac.uk
Tue Feb 16 12:46:20 PST 2016

Does anyone know if the aerial imagery that google provide, and which can be accessed into qgis projects, is being withdrawn?
Looking at google maps aerial imagery for UK, the aerial photos are now gone and instead replaced by some kind of horrible processed hybrid image.  This is of little or no use for ecological projects and I suspect looses its value in many other types of project.

Is it time to start a campaign to keep the original imagery and at least have it accessible via qgis or other systems.

I suspect Google think they know best so will convert all their imagery to this horrible processed version.