[Qgis-user] Edit disabled after filter querying a shapefile

Roy Marsh roymarsh11 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 29 12:27:30 PST 2016

Hi,

I am relatively inexperienced with QGIS though I have used some of the
features a lot.

While working through the online training manual with QGIS 2.12, I found
that, after filtering the shape files extracted from the OSM exercise data,
the 'toggle editing' button was greyed out, and there seemed to be no way
to re-activate editing. However, shape files imported directly into QGIS do
not have this problem.

I have seen related comments in other places and apologise for the
inconvenience if this is a well-known problem, with an easy fix. So how do
I fix it?

Thanks

Roy